Mother’s Day is quickly approaching and Sunday, May 14th will be here before you know it! Although you should always treat your mom (wife, aunties, grandmas, etc) like a queen every day, it’s nice to do a little something extra on Mother’s Day. When I was little I remember making crafts for Mother’s Day, which included me rummaging through my mom’s sewing box (without her permission of course) to make a lopsided heart shaped pillow. Which was a hit until she questioned where I got my supplies? Sorry shimá (mom)!
As an adult I enjoy pampering my mom and grandma with gifts. My mom is fashionista like me, so I love getting her cute bags and accessories. For my grandma, I love surprising her with anything sheep related and it puts a huge smile on her face. Not sure what to get your mom for Mother’s Day? No problem! I got you covered. I have rounded up 5 of my favorite Native made gift ideas for Mother’s Day!
Blue Corn Soap – SHIMA of Navajoland Soaps
- I love these soaps by SHIMA of Navajoland. It’s like the Navajo version of Lush Handmade Cosmetics. One smell and it brings you back to grandma’s house! My favorite so far is the Blue corn soap. I love cooking with blue corn, so to have it in a soap form is very appealing. You can also use it as as shampoo! They also have Navajo Tea and Mint soaps that are sure to make your mom feel like she is in a luxurious rez spa! Check out the blue corn soap here.
Clutch or Purse – GlendaNavajoMade Bags
- If your mom is anything like my mom, she has her tried and true purse that she has had for years. She rarely buys herself a new purse. Why not surprise your mom with a new purse or clutch! I love the purses and clutches Glenda makes. They have fun native prints and glitter. My favorite is the Squash Blossom and silver glitter clutch! It holds everything I need for the day and rests nicely on my wrist. Make an order on Facebook here.
Colorful Heartswork – Kaalogii_Kisses
- Brighten your mom’s hogan with colorful heartswork by Deonoveigh Mitchell of Kaalogi Kisses. From Mother’s Day cards to wall art to fun magnets. This gal has got you covered. She is also a fellow Fancy Navajo and she is the sweetest! I love the “Native Mermaids” print and the Mother’s day gift bags! They will brighten anyone’s day. Go follow her on Instragram and place an order here.
Scarf – ACONAV
- Make your mom feel like she just walked off the runway at New York Fashion week with these unique silk scarves by Loren Aragon of ACONAV. They can be used multiple ways and add a touch of “Fancy Navajo” to each outfit. My favorite is the Parrot’s Flight Scarf – Silk Charmeuse Scarf. Check it out here.
Turquoise Sheep Pin – Turquoise Hogan
- What mom or grandma wouldn’t want to add another sheep to their flock? This adorable sheep pin from Turquoise Hogan will sure add a smile to anyone’s face. It will add a special flair to your mom or grandma’s favorite blazer or cardigan! Just make sure everyone agrees to not butcher this cutie. Follow us on Instagram and Etsy here.
I hope you all enjoyed my 5 Native Made Mother’s Day’s gifts. Let me know your favorite gift below. Or if you will be getting your favorite gal and maybe one for yourself too! Hahaha!! Also Happy Mother’s Day to all of my fabulous mom’s and grandma’s out there!! Thank you for everything YOU do!
The Fancy Navajo