Cha cha chia!! Anyone else remember these commercials growing up in the 90’s? I remember I wanted one of these plants badly but my parents never caved in. Hahaha… Who would have thought as an adult I would be eating these tiny seedlings for breakfast.
Chia seeds are definitely highly nutritious and good for you but how do you exactly eat these ant like seeds? The first few times I sprinkled them on top of my oatmeal and fruit but I really didn’t like the texture. After sitting in your food they gain a jelly like texture which I didn’t really like especially when you mix in flax seeds, you end up with a lot of ooey-gooey.
I looked up other ways to use chia seeds and what caught my eye was chia seed pudding. I eat Greek yogurt every morning so this peaked my interest. It’s something you can make the night before and voila you have something healthy and nutritious in the morning. I like to fancy things up so I usually make mine in mason jars. I also top with some fresh fruit and granola. Here is the recipe I have been using for awhile. It’s usually enough for me and my husband.
Cha Cha Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- 2-3 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup Flavored Greek Yogurt (I love the Yoplait 100 calorie blueberry Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 2 Mason Jars
- Large mixing bowl
- In a large bowl, mix Greek Yogurt and Almond milk together
- Stir in Chia seeds (you can add more or less)
- Pour into mason jars (don’t overfill as the mixture will expand)
- Let sit overnight or until mixture is firm
- Top with fresh fruits and granola
Let me know if you give this a try! Follow me on Instagram http://www.Instagram.com/thefancynavajo